My Many Interests

One of the blessings of ADD is that I seem to have so many interests, and those interests are constantly changing. I am rarely bored, and can always find activities to keep me occupied (aside from my daily responsibilities). If I could have a superpower, it would be that I would never need sleep. There are too many interesting things in the world to discover and learn. So here is my blog about all those little things that seem to randomly cross my mind.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Chupa Cabra


If you have ever been to South America, you may have heard of the Chupa Cabra.  Translated, it means "goat sucker."  When I was on my mission in Brazil, I remember the story of the Chupa Cabra being printed in the newspaper.  One lady, in all seriousness (and I should say, also acting a little scared), said to me (in Portuguese), "Look at this creature!  What a horrible beast!"  She was fanning the front page of a newspaper at me with an artist's interpretation of what a chupa cabra looked like.  I had to suppress a laugh.  I was thinking "What a horrible drawing!"  I told the lady that I didn't believe the story one bit, and it was not an actual picture, but someone's drawing.  There could actually be a chupa cabra, but there is little evidence that it actually exists, much like the Loch Ness Monster in Scotland and the Sasquatch in the forests of the Northwest.  Of course, It took sixty-seven years from the time the Giant Panda was "discovered" by Westerners until its live capture. So some animals are able to evade capture for decades.  See a chupa cabra on YouTube.

No comments: